Information Technology: Technical Support
Information Technology: Technical Support L4
The purpose of this qualification is to build a foundational entry into the field of Computer Sciences and Information Technology, specifically into the field of Systems Support, covering basic knowledge needed for further study in the field of Systems Support at Higher Education Levels.
The qualification can be acquired in the traditional way of formal study as well as in the workplace, through learnerships. Acquiring the qualification through learnerships has the potential of addressing the problems of the past, where newly qualified people getting into the industry struggled to get employment, because they were required to have practical experience. The workplace experience can now be gained while acquiring the qualification through the various learnership schemes that are planning to use this qualification.
- Communicate effectively with fellow IT staff & users
- Different types of computer systems and use of computer technology
- Understanding of problem-solving techniques and application in a technical environment
- Understanding of Computer Technology Principles
- Select and use materials and equipment safely
- Work effectively as a team member within a support team Carry out a small size task to demonstrate knowledge of techniques & skills needed in one or more of the following areas of majoring/ specialization: -Hardware and Infrastructure Support for Personal Computers -Hardware and Infrastructure Support for Office Products -Data Communications and Network Support