Information Technology: System Development
Information Technology: System Development L4
The purpose of this qualification is to build a foundational entry into the field of Computer Sciences and Information Technology, specifically into the field of Systems Development, covering basic knowledge needed for further study in the field of Systems Development at Higher Education Levels.
The qualification can be acquired in the traditional way of formal study as well as in the workplace, through learnerships. Acquiring the qualification through learnerships has the potential of addressing the problems of the past, where newly qualified people getting into the industry struggled to get employment, because they were required to have practical experience. The workplace experience can now be gained while acquiring the qualification through the various learnership schemes that are planning to use this qualification.
A qualifying learner at this level will be a well-rounded entry-level Systems Developer with a good fundamental knowledge of the Information Technology field, coupled with interpersonal and business skills, preparing for later specialisation in Systems Development fields.
- Communicate effectively with fellow IT staff & users
- Different types of computer systems and use of computer technology
- Understanding of problem-solving techniques and application in a technical environment
- Understanding of Computer Technology Principles
- Demonstrate an understanding of Computer Programming Principles
- Work effectively as a team member within a support team
- Carry out a small size task to demonstrate knowledge of techniques & skills needed in Computer Programming